New Choices Career Development Program is a free Educational Empowerment Workshop open to women and men regardless of income who are in transition or recently lost a job.
- Soft-skills to set goals, solve problems, resolve conflict, manage stress, set boundaries, and prioritize needs
- Find employment through non-traditional means and networking
- Pursue short-term (certificate or degree) educational programs. Students who complete New Choices successfully will qualify for scholarships.
- Participants are eligible for scholarships after successful completion of the workshop.
- Discover their life’s calling through skills and interest assessments.
- Learn about opportunities for short-term certificate and degree programs.
- Become aware of community resources available to help.
- Acquire skills to conduct unconventional job searches.
- There is no financial requirement; just a willingness to learn and work on themselves
- As of 2017, New Choices now accepts men into the program!
“You are much more than your circumstances. We are all flawed human beings, but we can change.”
–Tricia Nabors, Executive Director of New Choices
The 2017-18 class schedule is on the upper right side of this page. You may also contact Tricia Nabors at 717-869-6363 or email@example.com.